Leading EdgeDry Ice Blasting
Dry Ice Blasting is a revolutionary technology that has now been introduced in the world of detailing to provide unmatched cleaning and restoration to sections and areas of the vehicle that were previously thought not repairable as part of detailing.
Not only is this technology fantastic for just cleaning but it can also restore certain parts of the vehicle such as alloys removing years of oxidisation as can be seen in the videos in this page!
The cost of Dry Ice Blasting is highly variable and dependent on the time required as well as the frozen CO2 consumed however a full underbody/suspension/wheel well treatment does generally begin from $1,000 up to $3,500 for older vehicles.
Dry ice blasting involves propelling frozen Carbon Dioxide (CO2) particles at extremely high speeds using compressed air directly at the material to be cleaned. As the actual dry ice particles (the size of sugar grains) are soft and much less dense than other media used in blast cleaning such as sand blasting they are non abrasive and clean using thermal shock (as the CO2 instantly changes from solid to gas) rather than kinetic energy (impact force). As there is only dry ice used in this method there are no chemicals to worry about and is perfectly suited to detailing the detailing industry!
Our dry ice blasting machine of choice is from Cold Jet, the pioneer of this technology and provides control in the pressure and density of the blasting thus providing us with flexibility to be as gentle or aggressive as we need to!
As dry ice blasting is extremely versatile it can be used in limitless applications however at Leading Edge the below tend to be the most common applications!
- Underbody cleaning
- Cleaning and restoration of mechanical components such as engines, gearboxes, suspension/control arms, drive terrain components etc...
- Removal of residue such as oil, grease, overspray etc...
- Cleaning of hard to reach areas or in difficult shapes and crevasse
- Does not use water or chemicals
- Environmentally friendly
- Removes dirt, grime and oxidisation from the surface
- Adjustable in aggressiveness to be as strong or as gentle as required
- Does not damage any factory finish items and is completely safe to use